You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Lounge » Discussion » Post Ranks

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Post Ranks on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Thomas

avatar
Admin
Loading
I will be adding more of them soon.
I might need help thinking of names for some
If you rank changes don't mind it because I'm adding more.

You get these ranks by posting in forums/threads/blogs.


___________________________________________

Thomas • Forum Owner - Administrator • Support by PM - Also use the forums please.

2 Re: Post Ranks on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:32 am

Fiction Butthurt

avatar
Member
Loading
Um um, Ultimate poster? Lol

3 Re: Post Ranks on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:32 am

Veve

avatar
Beast
Loading
Okay here's some that I came up with (organized as rank name and then required post count):

FINAL BOSS 4000
Holy Cow, Get A Life 3000
Legendary 2500
Monster 2000
CT Hero 1500
Master 1000
Wonderful 850
Top Dog 700
Highly Respectable 600
Over-achiever 500
Achiever 400
Delightful 350
Respectable 300
Somewhat Respectable 250
Undertaker 200
Contributor 150
Cronie 100
Member 25
Who are you again? 10
Fresh Meat 0

You should also let users write something about them self to show up next to their posts.
Like a self-proclaiming 'title' field, if that makes sense.

4 Re: Post Ranks on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Marcus

avatar
Contributor
Loading
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Okay here's some that I came up with (organized as rank name and then required post count):

FINAL BOSS 4000
Holy Cow, Get A Life 3000
Legendary 2500
Monster 2000
CT Hero 1500
Master 1000
Wonderful 850
Top Dog 700
Highly Respectable 600
Over-achiever 500
Achiever 400
Delightful 350
Respectable 300
Somewhat Respectable 250
Undertaker 200
Contributor 150
Cronie 100
Member 25
Who are you again? 10
Fresh Meat 0

You should also let users write something about them self to show up next to their posts.
Like a self-proclaiming 'title' field, if that makes sense.
Sounds reasonable Very Happy

5 Re: Post Ranks on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Thomas

avatar
Admin
Loading
Veve you named some I already had like Master is 1000 post
I added a few of them so yea.


___________________________________________

Thomas • Forum Owner - Administrator • Support by PM - Also use the forums please.

6 Re: Post Ranks on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Thomas

avatar
Admin
Loading
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You should also let users write something about them self to show up next to their posts.
Like a self-proclaiming 'title' field, if that makes sense.
Like a status?


___________________________________________

Thomas • Forum Owner - Administrator • Support by PM - Also use the forums please.

7 Re: Post Ranks on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Veve

avatar
Beast
Loading
@Marcus; Glad you like 'em.

@Raze; Yes, I kept some of the ones you had already came up with.

And a title field, sort of like a status I guess, except it's more like you give yourself a rank.
For example I could put "Veve the Smake" as my title, hehehehh.. And you could put "Eon's Sexy Mutant GF."

MWAHAHAH.

Anyways, a status field would also be cool, although I can see it getting out of hand on here, like people might put "Wehh wehh Fiction is butthurt" and "Raze is mad blah blah" and it'd only be more trouble.
You could try it and see how it goes, of course.

8 Re: Post Ranks on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Thomas

avatar
Admin
Loading
I added a status before didn't get used much as you think it would.
Some new members did abuse it like for some examples you stated.


___________________________________________

Thomas • Forum Owner - Administrator • Support by PM - Also use the forums please.

9 Re: Post Ranks on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Veve

avatar
Beast
Loading
Raze wrote:I added a status before didn't get used much as you think it would.
Some new members did abuse it like for some examples you stated.
Ah, yeah, I'm not surprised at all.
What do you say to the titles though?

10 Re: Post Ranks on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Thomas

avatar
Admin
Loading
I like most of them and added a few.


___________________________________________

Thomas • Forum Owner - Administrator • Support by PM - Also use the forums please.

11 Re: Post Ranks on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:41 am

Z3N0C1D3

avatar
Undertaker
Loading
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Okay here's some that I came up with (organized as rank name and then required post count):

FINAL BOSS 4000
Holy Cow, Get A Life 3000
Legendary 2500
Monster 2000
CT Hero 1500
Master 1000
Wonderful 850
Top Dog 700
Highly Respectable 600
Over-achiever 500
Achiever 400
Delightful 350
Respectable 300
Somewhat Respectable 250
Undertaker 200
Contributor 150
Cronie 100
Member 25
Who are you again? 10
Fresh Meat 0

You should also let users write something about them self to show up next to their posts.
Like a self-proclaiming 'title' field, if that makes sense.

that's quite nice.

12 Re: Post Ranks on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:56 am

Veve

avatar
Beast
Loading
Drop Table wrote:that's quite nice.
Thanks.


Lol how did I get -rep for my above post?
Sillysillysilly.

13 Re: Post Ranks on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:16 am

Z3N0C1D3

avatar
Undertaker
Loading
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Drop Table wrote:that's quite nice.
Thanks.


Lol how did I get -rep for my above post?
Sillysillysilly.

You're welcome.If someone would like to +rep you, they will click it if not, they will not then.

14 Re: Post Ranks on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:17 am

Marcus

avatar
Contributor
Loading
Drop Table wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Drop Table wrote:that's quite nice.
Thanks.


Lol how did I get -rep for my above post?
Sillysillysilly.

You're welcome.If someone would like to +rep you, they will click it if not, they will not then.

[21:14:39] Marcus : name'); DROP TABLE Users;

Your username could be better when it deletes a database table.

Sponsored content


Loading

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

 » Lounge » Discussion » Post Ranks

Related topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum